I used Joomla when I first started using Content Management Systems.
What is Joomla?
Joomla is an open source Content Management System which uses PHP and MYSQL.
Advantages of Designing a website in Joomla
- Easy Set Up – Easy to install and configure
- Admin out of the box – user management, search, polls etc.
- Lots of plugins – There are over 10 000 extensions in the extension directory.
- Joomla is easy to maintain and update.
Disadvantages of Designing a website in Joomla
- Security is a real problem. Joomla is prone to SQL injections
- Not SEO Friendly. Unlike Drupal and WordPress, Joomla is not SEO friendly, but you can improve it by using some SEO plugins like SEF.
- Too many Commercial plugins and not enough free plugins to extend your website. Can become extremely costly to build.
- Compatability Issues with plugins. Some plugins have compatibility issues with the versions of Joomla you are running.
- Support – Alot of the plugins, especially the free plugins lack proper support from the developer once it has been released in the repository.
- Slower Loading time on websites.
Joomla is a stable content management system but has a long way to catch up to the leaders, mainly Drupal and WordPress. Security is a real issue and it is for that reason alone, that I normally choose Drupal or WordPress.
Keep in touch..
Got more to say? Drop us a mail and we will contact you shortly.
Website Design, Graphic Design and Creative Media by Monkybomb Studios